Breast Implant Removal and Breast Implant Replacement
Currently there is much publicity about breast implants. While removing or replacing breast implants is gaining exposure, the reasons extend beyond those in the news. Women who choose to remove their breast implants do so for a myriad of personal reasons which may include the following:
- They are not satisfied with the look, feel or shape of their breasts. What a woman once loved, may no longer appeal to her and she may opt for breast implant removal or implant replacement with a different size, shape or style of breast implant.
- Pregnancy or weight loss has changed the appearance of breasts. These women typically require a breast lift along with a breast implant removal or replacement.
- Breast implants are not lifetime devices. Breast implants can rupture, ripple, wrinkle, and become displaced requiring breast implant removal or replacement.
- Capsular Contracture. Depending upon the degree of the capsular contracture, breast implant removal with Capsulectomy may be necessary due to thickening of the scar capsule around the implant(s). This scar tissue can cause the breast to become firm, painful and misshapen.
- BI-ALCL is a rare type of lymphoma that has drawn media attention. If BIA-ALCL is diagnosed, the breast implants need to be removed.
- Breast implant illness and auto-immune diseases is another topic receiving much attention. While there is no definitive medical proof of this association, some women report that breast implant removal, with or without Capsulectomy (referred to as en bloc removal), has improved or resolved their symptoms. If removing breast implants provides peace of mind, then breast implant removal may be the right choice for certain patients.To discuss all of your concerns regarding breast implants, book your complimentary consultation today.
- Dr. Gallas has performed thousands of breast surgeries, in his private practice and during his time at MD Anderson. Breast implant removal is a very personal choice that can be discussed with Dr. Gallas in a supportive and informative consultation. During your consultation, Dr. Gallas will provide you with information regarding risks, limitations, and potential outcomes of your breast implant removal so you can make an educated decision.
- To discuss all of your concerns regarding breast implants, book your complimentary consultation today.