Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Revision in Houston, TX
Tummy tuck revision is a surgical procedure designed to correct unsatisfactory outcomes or complications after a previous abdominoplasty.
Dr. Mennen Gallas provides this specialized surgery to refine and enhance the abdominal contours to deliver results that better meet his patients’ goals.
Common complaints that lead tummy tuck patients to seek revision surgery include excess skin, asymmetry, irregular contours, or excessive scarring.Schedule a Consultation
Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck Revision?
If you are unhappy with an initial abdominoplasty or have experienced complications that have negatively affected your results, a tummy tuck revision may be right for you. However, the following criteria will also determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure:
- You are a healthy non-smoker.
- Your weight has been stable for at least six months.
- You don’t anticipate any weight fluctuations, including pregnancy, in the near future.
It’s also essential that you arrange for ample time to recover and comply with all of Dr. Gallas’ post operative instructions.
Tummy Tuck Revision Benefits
The following benefits are typically achieved with abdominoplasty revision:
- Restored symmetry
- Smoother contours
- Improved appearance of scars
- Cosmetic results that align better with your initial expectations.
To find out if you are a good candidate for abdominoplasty revision and receive an all-inclusive cost quote, call Dr. Gallas at (281) 646-1114 to schedule your Houston tummy tuck revision consultation.
Why Pick Dr. Gallas for a Houston Area Tummy Tuck Revision?
Dr. Mennen Gallas is a well-known Houston “Top Doc” and board-certified plastic surgeon. You can count on him to provide the highest level of care when performing tummy tucks and abdominoplasty revision surgery in Katy, Texas.
Dr. Gallas also understands that each patient’s concerns and goals are unique, so he creates personalized surgical plans to help ensure the best possible results according to your needs and goals.
How Is Tummy Tuck Revision Surgery Performed?
The process begins with an in-depth consultation. Dr. Gallas will review your medical history, evaluate the previous tummy tuck results, and discuss your desired outcome.
He will listen carefully to your concerns about your previous surgery and evaluate any areas that require correction or improvement.
Dr. Gallas tailors your surgical plan to address the specific issues related to your previous procedure based on this evaluation and your desired outcome.
- Tummy tuck revision surgery is performed under general anesthesia, and incisions are made based on the areas requiring correction. These incisions are placed strategically and allow Dr. Gallas access to make the revisions while minimizing additional scarring.
- He may address excess skin, tighten abdominal muscles more thoroughly, redistribute or remove residual fat, and reduce scar tissue to enhance the overall abdominal contours.
- After the necessary corrections have been made, Dr. Gallas meticulously closes the incisions to ensure minimal tension and optimal healing.
Can You Combine Your Tummy Tuck Revision With Other Procedures?
Tummy tuck surgery and revision are often combined with several other procedures, including:
- Liposuction: If residual fat deposits exist, liposuction may be used to refine the contours further.
- Cosmetic breast procedures: If you wish to improve the appearance of your breasts, you may opt to add breast augmentation, a breast lift, a breast reduction,
- Breast revision surgery: Women who are dissatisfied with their previous breast surgery or have aging implants can choose to have additional revision surgery to address these problems.
- A complete Mommy Makeover: Combining cosmetic breast surgery with a tummy tuck or revision is called a Mommy Makeover.
Men undergoing a tummy tuck revision who have excess breast tissue can benefit from gynecomastia correction surgery, also known as male breast reduction.
What Will My Tummy Tuck Revision Recovery Be Like?
Post-operative care instructions will be provided and include guidelines on activity limitations, follow-up appointments, and wound care to promote proper healing and minimize post-operative scarring.
Swelling, bruising, and discomfort are common after surgery and will decrease over the following few weeks. Avoid strenuous activities during the initial recovery period and resume them only when cleared by Dr. Gallas.
When Will I See My Tummy Tuck Revision Results?
The objective of abdominoplasty revision surgery is to correct and improve the appearance of your midsection after a previous tummy tuck.
Results may include smoother contours, improved symmetry, tighter skin, and reduced visibility of previous scars.
While the final outcome of your tummy tuck revision will take time to be revealed, you should see some improvement immediately after your surgery, and your results will continue to improve as bruising and swelling subside.
You can expect to see your final tummy tuck revision results in six to twelve months. A healthy lifestyle, including exercise and a nutritious diet, will help them to last forever. Significant weight fluctuations and subsequent pregnancies will impact your outcome considerably.
Do You Need a Tummy Tuck Revision in Houston, TX?
Abdominoplasty revision addresses poor initial results or serious cosmetic complications after a previous tummy tuck.
Our Katy, Texas, practice serves Houston, Richmond, and Sugar Land, TX.
Tummy Tuck Revision FAQ
How much does tummy tuck revision surgery cost?
The cost of a revision surgery varies widely and depends on the surgeon’s experience, geographic location, extent of the procedure, and surgical facility fees. Dr. Gallas works hard to make tummy tuck revision costs manageable and offers financing options for his Houston area and out-of-town patients.
Will I still have scars after my tummy tuck revision?
Tummy tuck surgery will cause a linear scar. Revision surgery can reduce the appearance of extensive scarring due to poor wound healing, but it’s impossible to eliminate scars completely.
How much pain will I have after tummy tuck revision surgery?
You can expect to experience some discomfort after tummy tuck revision surgery. However, Dr. Gallas will prescribe medication to help minimize pain during your initial recovery period.
Discomfort from plastic surgery decreases significantly after the first week of recovery, and you can help ensure this by avoiding strenuous activities until cleared by Dr. Gallas.
When can I resume my normal activities after a tummy tuck revision?
The time it takes to return to work or your regular routine depends on the extent of your revision needs and your body’s ability to heal. Most patients can resume non-strenuous tasks within two weeks after surgery. Increased downtime is required for jobs that are more physically demanding.
Dr. Gallas will advise you on increasing your activity level based on your healing progress.