Rediscover Your Curves
- Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Gravity, and Age Can Create Loose Skin
- Body Lift Can Address Both Loose Skin and Excess Fat
- Can Be Combined with Liposuction For Smoother Body Contours
No matter how many weights you lift, the skin on your upper arms can become loose and flabby with age. An arm lift (brachioplasty) is performed to remove loose or excess skin and fat deposits in your upper arm area as well as tighten the skin for a sleeker, more defined look. Often this is done after significant weight loss when the skin is unable to tighten adequately by itself.
If fitness and weight loss efforts have not achieved your goals for a body that is firmer, more youthful-looking and more proportionate to your overall body image, a surgical thigh lift may be right for you. The thigh lift is a common plastic surgery operation that removes loose or excess skin on the outer or inner thighs. In many cases, the fatty tissue might be treated with liposuction first to reduce the excess fat before lifting the skin. Many of these surgeries are performed after massive weight loss to remove the excess skin. They may also be performed as part of a total body lift – where a tummy, thigh and buttock lift are combined to achieve the desired body shape and proportions.
There are many options with thigh lift surgery that target certain areas for specific results. To learn about the various ways to reshape your legs, call Dr. Gallas and schedule a consultation. He will be able to guide you to the best solutions for your body type.
- Inner thigh lift: Just like it sounds, this procedure lifts the inner thigh area and helps people who have trouble eliminating excess fat through diet and exercise. An inner thigh lift may also be used to treat reduced skin elasticity caused by the aging process. Patients who have lost a lot of weight are ideal candidates for an inner thigh lift. The inner thigh lift can be done in combination with other cosmetic surgery procedures as well. If your inner thighs are large and have a lot of fatty tissue, Dr. Gallas may recommend doing liposuction first to remove as much of the excess fat as possible followed by tightening the skin with a thigh lift.
- Bilateral thigh lift: The bilateral thigh lift procedure is designed to tighten skin along the inner and outer thigh. This procedure is especially helpful to those who have excess skin after extreme weight loss.
Body lift / Post-weight-loss surgery
Our body lift in houston will help you help improve the appearance of the abdomen, thighs and buttocks and is most commonly performed to remove the excess fatty tissue and skin. It helps fight the effects of aging, childbearing and massive weight loss. Normal-weight women in their 30s and 40s may choose body lift surgery to remove the remaining skin and tissue that has been stretched during their pregnancies.
The steps of the body lift procedure vary from patient to patient and often start with abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) first to remove the excess skin from the abdomen. Once this is completed, the abdominal wall muscle can be tightened. (This is the area that most people who have been overweight experience some looseness.) Additional surgeries may be performed on the hips/buttocks and thighs.
Since every person is unique, Dr. Gallas will make the appropriate recommendations for your Houston body lift surgery to provide you with the best results.
The best candidate for a body lift should have had a stable body weight for at least three to six months and be on a healthy exercise and dietary program. If you had gastric bypass, lap-band or other gastric restrictive procedures, Dr. Gallas may recommend waiting for a minimum of 6 months to one year after weight loss surgery before having plastic surgery.